Friday 19 August 2011

BizTalk Server 2006 cannot access BizTalkMgmtDb database on SQL Server



Context:
The other day I tried to connect to a remote BizTalk Server group using my local BizTalk Administration Console.

Problem:
I was unable to do so even if I was a member of the BizTalk Administrators group of the remote installation. I was being displayed the following dialog box telling me that BizTalk Server 2006 cannot access database BizTalkMsgmtDb on SQL Server:




I checked each of the numbered points displayed in the dialog box to finally discover that I had the wrong version of BizTalk Server installed on my machine. Actually, I was trying to connect to a BizTalk Server 2006 R2 instance with a BizTalk Server 2006 (no R2) console.

More information on how to check your BizTalk version can be found here.

Solution:
I uninstalled my BizTalk Server 2006 and installed BizTalk 2006 R2 and this corrected my problem. I was able to connect to a remote BizTalk server with my local BizTalk Administration console.

No comments: